- The magazine
- Daily brief: Moneycorp
- Market Commentary: Interactive Data
- Market update: Western Union Business Solutions
- Morning commentary: Capital Spreads
- Trading commentary: CaxtonFX
- Trading commentary: Currencies Direct
- Trading commentary: Saxo Bank
- Weekly commentary: Natixis
- Daily Forex Brief: FxPro
- UKForex: Daily commentary
- About us
- Contact us
Publication date: 13 September 2011
Author: Rebecca Brace Columnist, FX-MM
Sibos 2011: Sneak preview
What do regulation, transactional FX and Latin America have in common? They are all set to be hot topics at this year’s Sibos event, taking place in Toronto from 19th-23rd September. Rebecca Brace reports.
On the 19th September, the financial industry will converge upon Toronto for Sibos, the annual conference organised by SWIFT. This year’s five day event is taking place in Toronto’s Metro Convention Centre and at the time of writing SWIFT was expecting at least 7,000 delegates to attend.
This will be the first year that Sibos has come to Toronto, and there is a lot of excitement about the event among the Canadian financial community. As this year’s Sibos host, the cosmopolitan city has excellent credentials: as of March 2011, Toronto came in at an equal tenth position in the Global Financial Centres index and was ranked North America’s third financial centre after New York and Chicago.