- News & comment
Equinix completes acquisition of ancotel
Publication date: 3 July 2012
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), a provider of global data center services, today announced it has completed its acquisition of ancotel GmbH, a leading provider of carrier-neutral colocation and interconnection services in Europe.
The acquisition adds more than 400 network, cloud and content customers to Equinix. This includes 200 new networks and an additional 6,000 cross connects. In addition, Equinix adds one data center to its Frankfurt campus and now operates 21,000 square meters (223,000 square feet) of data center capacity across five data centers in the Frankfurt market. As part of the acquisition, Equinix also gains edge nodes in Hong Kong, London and Miami, providing additional points of presence in these markets. One of the world’s busiest data hubs, Equinix’s Frankfurt campus offers a broad mix of networks from Western and Eastern Europe, and significant growth opportunities for customers looking to expand their data center footprint globally.
“As a leading interconnection hub for networks throughout Europe, ancotel brings highly complementary capabilities to our European business that increases our network density in the region and offers a strong interconnection infrastructure that will provide our customers with a platform for growth in Europe and beyond,” said Eric Schwartz, president, Equinix EMEA.
If you enjoyed this article, why not sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter?
- Travelcard selects UPSS to meet EU legislation for direct debit mandates (19 June 2013)
- 2013 Capgemini & RBC World Wealth Report (18 June 2013)
- Cambridge Mercantile Group to acquire the FX division of Raphaels Bank (18 June 2013)
- Thomson Reuters named calculating agent for new traded methodology (18 June 2013)
- Etrali Trading Solutions expands mobile recording offering (17 June 2013)