- News & comment
Portware enhances FX trading platform
Publication date: 27 June 2012
Portware, the leading provider of global, multi-asset trading solutions, today announced significant enhancements to its FX trading platform. Clients can now take advantage of Portware’s cloud-based FX trading solution for fast deployment and streamlined connectivity to all global liquidity providers, including banks, ECNs and interdealer trading platforms. Portware has also enhanced its FX transaction cost analysis (TCA) service, adding additional reporting and analytics options that give traders greater insight into their execution performance. Portware’s FX business continues to expand rapidly, driven by global asset managers and pension funds seeking improved FX execution quality and advanced toolsets to manage institutional order flow.
Electronic FX trading has exploded in recent years, accounting for more than 60% of FX volumes traded in 2011. Buy-side fund managers in particular expect their electronic FX trading volumes to increase significantly over the next three years. As a result, these firms are partnering with FX trading technology providers that can easily adapt to structural changes and address clients’ evolving business requirements.
Portware FX is a comprehensive, highly customizable trading solution that aggregates liquidity from all global providers. The innovative trading technology streamlines complex workflows and gives traders maximum flexibility with respect to trading strategies and order routing destinations. To help traders select the optimal execution strategy, Portware has enhanced its TCA and post-trade analytics package, FX Liquidity Monitor (FXLM). Users can benchmark their performance against an array of data points and compare execution quality and pricing across all liquidity providers, either in real-time or via comprehensive month end reporting.
“We’ve already seen record growth in our FX business in 2012, as leading hedge funds, buy-side institutions and brokers around the world embrace our cloud solution and enhanced TCA capabilities to power their FX trading,” said Alfred Eskandar, CEO, Portware. “Every new Portware FX client has chosen to deploy via our cloud because they realize it offers them the best of both worlds: the efficiency of a fully hosted trading platform coupled with the performance, customization and workflow integration of locally deployed enterprise systems.”
Key Portware FX functionality includes:
- A real-time, aggregated view of the entire FX market through a single trading environment
- Integrated algorithmic strategies from leading FX dealers, allowing clients to leverage their brokers’ execution capabilities
- Embedded Portware algorithms that allow users to trade efficiently with multiple liquidity providers and increase execution performance, particularly for large orders
- Support for all FX order types, including spot, forwards, swaps and RFQ/RFS
- Seamless connections with all order management systems (OMS) and post trade reporting services, eliminating operational risk
- Extensive post-trade analytics and reporting through FX Liquidity Monitor (FXLM)
- True multi-asset trading support for auto hedging and cross-asset algorithmic strategies
If you enjoyed this article, why not sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter?
- Travelcard selects UPSS to meet EU legislation for direct debit mandates (19 June 2013)
- 2013 Capgemini & RBC World Wealth Report (18 June 2013)
- Cambridge Mercantile Group to acquire the FX division of Raphaels Bank (18 June 2013)
- Thomson Reuters named calculating agent for new traded methodology (18 June 2013)
- Etrali Trading Solutions expands mobile recording offering (17 June 2013)