- News & comment
- Daily brief: Moneycorp
- Market Commentary: Interactive Data
- Market update: Western Union Business Solutions
- Morning commentary: Capital Spreads
- Trading commentary: CaxtonFX
- Trading commentary: Currencies Direct
- Trading commentary: Saxo Bank
- Weekly commentary: Natixis
- Daily Forex Brief: FxPro
- UKForex: Daily commentary
Point Nine ‘reverse migrates’ outsourcing model with Gottex Fund Management
Publication date: 11 May 2012
Gottex Fund Management Holdings, a leading independent global provider of alternative investment solutions and advisory services with USD 7.6 billion in fee-earning assets, migrated its Point Nine technology solution off the ‘Cloud’ to in-house servers for its USD 500 million private equity-style real asset platform.
Point Nine Financial Technologies, which delivers its PiBelt Private Equity module on a Software-as-a-Service basis, carried out the move in a day. The SaaS model ensures that responsibility for managing, upgrading, and delivering the software sits with the vendor, reducing the in-house technology resources required.
“Users often confuse ‘SaaS’ and the ‘Cloud’”, said Pavlos Christoforou, Partner in charge of technology at Point Nine. “This migration is a prime example of how a client can choose to run our systems on the ‘Cloud’ or in-house but in both cases can enjoy the benefits of a SaaS model”.
In a move that demonstrates the full flexibility of the SaaS model as a route for effectively delivering technology solutions, even for the more sophisticated and complex alternative investment funds, Point Nine has just completed the reverse migration of the physical IT infrastructure from “the cloud” onto servers located within Gottex’s London offices.
“It’s only when you need to make changes and upgrades that clients realise how valuable having a SaaS model can be”, said Ambasuthan Jananayagam, Partner in charge of business development at Point Nine. “The alternative is running a small internal IT firm to deal with the inevitable changes the fund will need to address, like migrations, new vendors, new instruments and so on”.
If you enjoyed this article, why not sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter?
- 47% of directors expect to add finance tasks to their list of festive chores (11 December 2013)
- GoldenSource selected by Mizuho for complete securities data (10 December 2013)
- Fiserv launches next gen of financial crime risk management platform (9 December 2013)
- Caplin launches direct FX e-distribution service (9 December 2013)
- GTS names Steven Reich Head of FX and Commodities (5 December 2013)