- News & comment
- Daily brief: Moneycorp
- Market Commentary: Interactive Data
- Market update: Western Union Business Solutions
- Morning commentary: Capital Spreads
- Trading commentary: CaxtonFX
- Trading commentary: Currencies Direct
- Trading commentary: Saxo Bank
- Weekly commentary: Natixis
- Daily Forex Brief: FxPro
- UKForex: Daily commentary
DOT rebranding to tick42 reflects updated market data capabilities
Publication date: 30 April 2012
Dealing Object Technology (DOT), a 20-year devotee of real-time trading technology, is rebranding to Tick42. Known largely for its real-time toolkit and its rapid development services ability, the company’s rebranding reflects its progression in line with advances in the market data industry and its evolution into new areas outside of the dealing room, including general performance management products. The rebrand also sees DOT’s nearshore development team, previously Pirinsoft, unite under the same umbrella company name.
Tick42 CEO Les Spiro said: “The basic challenges of real-time market data have remained constant over time, with throughput, reliability and latency continuing to be of primary importance. We are well versed in the ways of the market data industry and continue to provide real-time trading products for front office systems. As the need to handle real time data is also moving into new territories, we are also excited to be applying our market data experience to our application performance monitoring, reference data and application configuration management products.”
Tick42 also sits on the OpenMAMA steering committee and the working groups dealing with metrics, configuration and data models. “The recently launched OpenMAMA presents an exciting opportunity for us,” said Spiro. “The initiative has the potential to completely change the focus of Market Data application development and as a result we are focusing all of our market data products around OpenMAMA.”
Tick42 is continuing with its highly successful development work, concentrating on complex, real-time based systems for the front and middle office. The company retains a blue chip client list in this area.
If you enjoyed this article, why not sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter?
- SunGard acquires Softputer Technologies’ financial reporting (3 December 2013)
- Euroclear UK & Ireland to lead local T+2 settlement initiative (3 December 2013)
- OANDA Corporation appoints new President and Chief Executive Officer (3 December 2013)
- BofA Merrill launches new transaction services capabilities in Brazil (3 December 2013)
- Utility provider Enel connects to EBA CLEARING’s MyBank service (28 November 2013)