- The magazine
- Daily brief: Moneycorp
- Market Commentary: Interactive Data
- Market update: Western Union Business Solutions
- Morning commentary: Capital Spreads
- Trading commentary: CaxtonFX
- Trading commentary: Currencies Direct
- Trading commentary: Saxo Bank
- Weekly commentary: Natixis
- Daily Forex Brief: FxPro
- UKForex: Daily commentary
- About us
- Contact us
Publication date: 26 April 2012
Author: Equinix, Inc.
Equinix selected for global roll-out of BT Radianz venue services
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), a provider of global data center services, today announced that BT, a leading provider of connectivity, hosting and managed services solutions, has selected Equinix data centers for the roll-out of BT Radianz Venue, a cloud-based high-performance suite of services designed to enhance BT’s proximity hosting capabilities and provide the lowest optimal latency and interconnectivity between trading venues throughout the world’s top financial markets.
Under the agreement, BT will offer its BT Radianz Venue capabilities from Equinix’s world-class data centers, adding an additional 10 financial ecosystems to the BT Radianz global footprint, across North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Tom Regent, president, Global Banking & Financial Markets and Sales & Marketing, BT Global Services, said, “Equinix is a natural choice for BT to offer BT Radianz Venue. Customers at Equinix’s global data centers can now benefit from BT’s award-winning managed hosting and proximity services along with access to the BT Radianz Cloud, the world’s largest networked financial community, and the option of interconnectivity to and between worldwide trading venues. This agreement further expands the footprint of our BT Radianz Cloud portfolio and continues to build our reputation as a pioneer and market leader in creating solutions specifically developed for the financial services industry.”
“In order to scale presence across global markets, financial firms are positioning trading infrastructure inside Equinix’s global IBX data centers” says John Knuff, general manager, Global Financial Services at Equinix. “These dense interconnection points are critical to the global trading community, providing an environment where shared infrastructure, super-fast connections, reduced total cost of ownership, connectivity costs and a wide range of choices form a new industry backbone for service delivery, prospecting and innovation.”
BT Radianz Venue is comprised of three services now offered inside Equinix data centers that are specifically designed to help customers address the challenges of liquidity, fragmentation and new trading opportunities, while enhancing trade execution performance. These services include:
- BT Radianz Venue Access: for connectivity to the BT Radianz Cloud from 40 global non-BT data centers, including Equinix venues.
- BT Radianz Venue Presence: an extension of the BT Radianz Proximity hosting proposition which allows BT to manage a client’s server and connectivity infrastructure hosted in third-party venues, such as Equinix data centers.
- BT Radianz Venue Interconnect: a new service from BT that offers the lowest optimal latency between trading venues within the same city and between different cities, globally.
Commerzbank AG Currenex DataLog Finance Davies Arnold Cooper FXCM FXecosystem FxPro GFI Group InterTrader Direct Kantox LMAX Exchange PFSOFT PROTRADER Price Markets riskart SmartStream Technologies smartTrade Technologies Squared Financial Services Ltd Wall Street Systems