- News & comment
- Daily brief: Moneycorp
- Market Commentary: Interactive Data
- Market update: Western Union Business Solutions
- Morning commentary: Capital Spreads
- Trading commentary: CaxtonFX
- Trading commentary: Currencies Direct
- Trading commentary: Saxo Bank
- Weekly commentary: Natixis
- Daily Forex Brief: FxPro
- UKForex: Daily commentary
Thomson Reuters launches Elektron hosting service in Brazil
Publication date: 24 April 2012
Thomson Reuters, the world’s leading supplier of intelligent information for businesses and professionals, today announced the launch of Elektron hosting and managed services in Brazil. The new service, situated in close proximity to the BM&F BOVESPA exchange, will provide trading firms with cost effective, low latency access to the real-time data required to fuel algorithmic and high-frequency trading strategies in Brazil.
Based in São Paulo, the new Elektron data solution delivers high speed connectivity to BM&F BOVESPA for market participants seeking local liquidity in Brazil, including full depth of market pricing along with US-traded American Depository Receipts (ADRs) and CME futures data. By accessing the Elektron services, either through cross-connecting applications within the data centre or externally through a choice of connectivity options, local firms can consume both low latency local market content as well as global, cross-asset real-time data from over 350 electronic venues and hundreds of OTC market contributors and reference data sources.
Investor interest in the fast-growing Brazilian market has increased rapidly in recent years, driving market liquidity and seeing an expanding number of domestic and international firms adopting algorithmic trading. Elektron Hosting and Managed Services provides the comprehensive, high-quality, real-time data and high-performance delivery required to support these trading strategies and help customers gain competitive advantage.
Mike Powell, managing director, Elektron Hosting and Managed Services, Thomson Reuters, said: “The launch of Elektron in Brazil is a natural extension of our established business in the country and supports our customers’ evolving requirements. With Elektron, we continue to bring together global market participants and deliver world-class content that further empowers these communities. We are delighted to be working with BM&F BOVESPA in Brazil to address the requirements of our collective clients for high-performance, cost-efficient data solutions.”
BM&F BOVESPA joins the Elektron community of over 80 premium low latency venues available via direct exchange connectivity. BM&F BOVESPA is the only securities, commodities and futures exchange in Brazil, with a market capitalization of US $1.22 trillion in 2011.
If you enjoyed this article, why not sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter?
- GTS names Steven Reich Head of FX and Commodities (5 December 2013)
- SunGard acquires Softputer Technologies’ financial reporting (3 December 2013)
- Euroclear UK & Ireland to lead local T+2 settlement initiative (3 December 2013)
- OANDA Corporation appoints new President and Chief Executive Officer (3 December 2013)
- BofA Merrill launches new transaction services capabilities in Brazil (3 December 2013)