- News & comment
- Daily brief: Moneycorp
- Market Commentary: Interactive Data
- Market update: Western Union Business Solutions
- Morning commentary: Capital Spreads
- Trading commentary: CaxtonFX
- Trading commentary: Currencies Direct
- Trading commentary: Saxo Bank
- Weekly commentary: Natixis
- Daily Forex Brief: FxPro
- UKForex: Daily commentary
S&P Capital IQ acquires QuantHouse, real-time exchange and market data leader
Publication date: 4 April 2012
S&P Capital IQ, a business line of The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP) offering global multi-asset class data solutions, market research and portfolio risk analytics to global investors, today announced it has acquired QuantHouse, an independent global provider of market data and end-to-end systematic trading solutions. This includes ultra-low-latency market data technologies, algo-trading development frameworks, proximity hosting and order routing services for hedge funds, market makers, proprietary desks and latency-sensitive sell-side firms.
“The acquisition of QuantHouse will provide our clients with access to exchange pricing globally, including securities valuations and portfolio analytics, throughout all our desktop and enterprise solutions. In addition, the extensive capabilities QuantHouse brings will enable S&P Capital IQ to build our own unique real-time monitors, derived data sets and analytics,” said Lou Eccleston, President of S&P Capital IQ and S&P Indices. “As the foundation for our growing Enterprise Solutions business, QuantHouse will enable us to offer one integrated low-latency feed for all our data, including fundamental, fixed-income, equity and derivatives.”
“We are very excited to be a part of S&P Capital IQ,” said Pierre-Francois Filet, chairman and co-founder, QuantHouse. “Together, we can focus on developing a new generation of alpha-generation tools, low-latency transaction infrastructure and integrated low-latency data feeds to maximize offerings and strengthen S&P Capital IQ’s competitive positioning.”
This purchase, along with the recently announced acquisition of R2 Financial Technologies and the expected acquisition of CMA later this year, provides S&P Capital IQ with the components necessary to offer its clients the most comprehensive market data and risk analytics platforms in the industry.
Following the acquisition, QuantHouse’s 90 employees, based in Paris, London and New York, will become a critical component to S&P Capital IQ’s global growth strategy as part of the Enterprise Solutions unit. In the short term, its products and services will continue to be sold as standalone feeds and applications, although all S&P Capital IQ and S&P Indices content will gradually be consolidated into QuantHouse feeds.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
If you enjoyed this article, why not sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter?
- GTS names Steven Reich Head of FX and Commodities (5 December 2013)
- SunGard acquires Softputer Technologies’ financial reporting (3 December 2013)
- Euroclear UK & Ireland to lead local T+2 settlement initiative (3 December 2013)
- OANDA Corporation appoints new President and Chief Executive Officer (3 December 2013)
- BofA Merrill launches new transaction services capabilities in Brazil (3 December 2013)