- News & comment
- Daily brief: Moneycorp
- Market Commentary: Interactive Data
- Market update: Western Union Business Solutions
- Morning commentary: Capital Spreads
- Trading commentary: CaxtonFX
- Trading commentary: Currencies Direct
- Trading commentary: Saxo Bank
- Weekly commentary: Natixis
- Daily Forex Brief: FxPro
- UKForex: Daily commentary
GAIN Capital’s FOREX.com adds platinum, palladium and Russian rouble to platform
Publication date: 26 March 2012
FOREX.com, the retail division of GAIN Capital, a global provider of online trading services, today announced the addition of platinum, palladium and USD/RUB to its offering.
The new contracts will be available through FOREX.com’s web, mobile and desktop platforms, providing interesting new trading opportunities for clients worldwide.
Kathleen Brooks, Research Director at FOREX.com commented: “Platinum and palladium have been on a strong upward trend since the start of the year and have recently hit multi-month highs. Signs of a global economic recovery combined with cheap money coming from global central banks to support this recovery makes the metals space – both precious and industrial – an exciting asset class to trade. We have seen significant trade volume in gold and silver contracts over the last few months, and expect to see similar interest in these new metals,”
She continued: “The Russian Rouble has been one of the top performing currencies in the emerging market sphere this year as the currencies of oil producers rise along with the price of oil. The political climate in Russia and changing financial global risk drivers should make this a very interesting year for the Russian currency.”
FOREX.com offers trading in more than 70 global markets, including forex, indices, and commodities. Clients trading these new markets are supported by FOREX.com’s robust research, competitive pricing, and commitment to quality trade execution.
If you enjoyed this article, why not sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter?
- GTS names Steven Reich Head of FX and Commodities (5 December 2013)
- SunGard acquires Softputer Technologies’ financial reporting (3 December 2013)
- Euroclear UK & Ireland to lead local T+2 settlement initiative (3 December 2013)
- OANDA Corporation appoints new President and Chief Executive Officer (3 December 2013)
- BofA Merrill launches new transaction services capabilities in Brazil (3 December 2013)