- News & comment
- Daily brief: Moneycorp
- Market Commentary: Interactive Data
- Market update: Western Union Business Solutions
- Morning commentary: Capital Spreads
- Trading commentary: CaxtonFX
- Trading commentary: Currencies Direct
- Trading commentary: Saxo Bank
- Weekly commentary: Natixis
- Daily Forex Brief: FxPro
- UKForex: Daily commentary
HSBC selects Dovetail for Sepa processing
Publication date: 2 March 2012
HSBC has selected technology from Dovetail for its European volume payments system as it prepares for the upcoming Sepa migration deadline.
Following protracted negotiations, European authorities recently, finally, set an end-date of 1 February 2014 for banks to migrate to Sepa instruments.
HSBC says that now this issue has been settled, customers are looking at how they can rationalise and streamline their payments operations in the Eurozone in the post-end-date world.
The banking giant is preparing with Dovetail’s payment services hub, which will process Sepa credit transfers and direct debits as well as automatically manage both debtor and creditor mandates for 11 countries.
Martin Coen, CEO, Dovetail, says: “Dovetail’s proven productised approach and scalable modern architecture means we can tailor both the product and the processing capability to meet HSBC’s operational needs today, as well as their strategic needs and anticipated growth in the future.”
If you enjoyed this article, why not sign-up to receive our bi-weekly email newsletter?
- GTS names Steven Reich Head of FX and Commodities (5 December 2013)
- SunGard acquires Softputer Technologies’ financial reporting (3 December 2013)
- Euroclear UK & Ireland to lead local T+2 settlement initiative (3 December 2013)
- OANDA Corporation appoints new President and Chief Executive Officer (3 December 2013)
- BofA Merrill launches new transaction services capabilities in Brazil (3 December 2013)